Posted by Anna Haynes
Sunday, 29 August 2010
Western Regionals Tournament Specific Rules
Western Regionals is the WA State Ultimate Championships. This event has been running in it's current form since 2007. Typically held in March each year, this is WA's premier separate gender event and is also the recognised qualification tournament for teams wishing to compete at the Australian Ultimate Championships.
- Teams and players must be registered via the AFDA website (www.afda.com) online registration system.
- All players must be registered prior to commencing play.
- Fees are set by the tournament host and approved by the WAFDA Executive Committee.
- The host is responsible for the collection of all fees applicable to the tournament.
Rules of Play
- The 2013 WFDF Rules of Play will be followed
- Gender Split
- The gender split for a 7-a-side game be as follows: a maximum of four (4) and a minimum of three (3) players of either gender allowed during any point. The defensive team is obliged to match the gender split chosen by the offensive team for each point, unless they do not have enough players of either gender to do so. Penalties apply if a team is unable to field seven (7) players at anytime.
- Safety – Players:
- Must not wear steel sprigs.
- Must not wear uncovered jewellery.
- Must not wear watches.
- Must wear shoes.
- Time cap: Seventy (70) minutes, declared by the Tournament Director.
- Half at Eight (8) points, No half time stoppage.
- Second Half: Mirror start of first half.
- End of Game: when the time cap is reached, the current point should be played to conclude the game, if scores are tied then teams play one more point to establish a winner.
- Time-outs: Two (2) per team, per game, Two (2) minutes duration. No time outs are allowed after the time cap has been reached.
- Each team must complete their score sheets at the end of every game.
- MVP and Spirit scores are to be submitted as per the Tournament Director's instructions.
- Teams are expected to take the field on time. If a team is unable to field at least five (5) players from their permanent roster ten (10) minutes after the scheduled game start time, they automatically forfeit the game.
- Teams will forfeit if they cannot field two (2) female players.
- Teams will forfeit if they field an unpaid player.
- Teams will forfeit if they field less than five (5) players during any point
- A Forfeit will result in a 15-nil result.
- Teams shall be awarded Ladder Points as per the following structure:
- Win – Two (2) points
- Loss – Zero (0) points
- Draw – One (1) point
- Forfeit – Minus two (-2) points
- The Tournament Ladder will rank teams based on the following:
- Ladder Points
- Points For minus Points Against
- Points For
- Head to head
- Disc Flip
- Semi Finals - When the game is completed per division rules if scores are tied then teams play one more point to establish a winner.
- Grand Final - When time cap is reached the current point is completed, then add 1 to the highest score to establish a ‘Win by 1’ target and play to the ‘Win by 1’ target.