The WAFDA are calling for nominations for the 2019 WAFDA Awards. The WAFDA Awards recognise those who have contributed significantly to the growth and development of WA Flying Disc Sports. The focus is for both on-field and off-field efforts, and for those people who put in so much effort behind the scenes.
The annual awards will be presented on 18th June 2019 at the Wembley Hotel (finer details coming soon).
Nominations for the awards close on Friday 6th December 2019.
The Awards that will be presented are (each link will take you to an online nomination form) be sure to address the relevant criteria. All nominees will need to be verified as WAFDA members in order to be eligible for their respective categories.
The WAFDA award categories are:
- Administrator of the Year
- Outstanding Service Award
- "Matt Butler" Female Player of the Year Award
- "Matt Butler" Male Player of the Year Award
- Female Youth Player of the Year Award
- Male Youth Player of the Year Award
- Tournament of the Year
- Team of the Year (non-PUL teams)
- Perth Ultimate League Team of the Year (NEW)
- "Richard D'Almeida" Female Rookie of the year
- "Richard D'Almeida" Male Rookie of the Year
- Club of the Year
- Coach of the Year
To nominate a person, team or club for an award, visit the full judging award criteria's here and complete the online form.
You may also submit a nomination directly but please ensure the judging criteria has been addressed.
Nominations are to be submitted by the advertised deadline of December 6th, 2019 to be accepted and MUST include a photo of the nominee.
Multiple nominations are most welcome.
Please include as much information as possible to assist the judging process by addressing all the criteria clearly, as we may not know the persons, team or club as well as you do.
Previous years award winners can be found here in the WAFDA hall of fame.