WA Ultimate are currently looking for an Communications Officer to assist WA Ultimate in achieving maximum positive media exposure for its events, programs and members. We are looking for a person that is well organised and a good communicator.
Position Description – Communications Officer
The Communications Officer role exists primarily to assist WA Ultimate achieve maximum positive media exposure for its events, programs and members, delivering all activities associated with social media channels (Facebook, Instagram) website and membership mailing lists. This person helps to deliver WA Ultimate’s messaging to its stakeholders and the public in accessible forms. The communications officer is directly responsible to the President and the members of WA Ultimate.
The Communications Officer should:
- Manage and coordinate the WA Ultimate social media and web content, ensuring all events/programs are promoted on all outlets.
- Work with the Development Officer to create media and marketing content for WA Ultimate programs and events
- Assist WA Ultimate affiliated clubs with media messaging
- When possible assist WA Ultimate with press releases for its marquee events
- Assist the Committee in the development of one-year operational plans.
- Assist the Committee in the development of a yearly event calendar.
- Assist the Committee in the creation, renewal and approval of new policies for good governance where needed.
- Being the Communications Officer of WA Ultimate is an opportunity to contribute to the development of ultimate across Western Australia. The WA Ultimate Committee is a friendly and dedicated team who welcome new members.
- It’s an opportunity to hone or explore new skills in the media field, including creating and running media campaigns, managing a media account and general media relations.
- 100% of expenses reimbursed (e.g. administration and training) related to the role of Communications Officer.
- Access to training and development workshops and seminars.
- Opportunity to attend the annual AFDA National Administrators Conference.
- Opportunity to work in a positive and encouraging environment.
- Discounted fees to WA Ultimate run events
Knowledge and Skills Required
Ideally the Communications Officer is someone who:
- Can communicate effectively and has good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently, use initiative and meet deadlines
- Able to work under direction and with limited supervision
- Understand computer literacy skills associated with the use of Microsoft applications
- Is positive and enthusiastic.
- Be a member of AFDA and abide by its policies.
- Knowledge of WA Ultimate’s operations, rules and policies.
- Access to internet, email, web, MS Word, MS Excel or equivalent/compatible
Appointment terms and Time Commitment Required
The Media Officer is appointed for a term of 12 months.
- The estimated time commitment required as the Communications Officer of WA Ultimate is 5 hours per week.
- Attendance at monthly Committee Meetings (approx 2 hours in length).
- Attendance at Annual General Meeting (approx 2 hours length).