Frisbee 5’s is a mixed gender social, non-contact, self-refereed, version of ultimate frisbee. It enables people of all ages and ability levels to participate in a mixed competition that fits around their busy lives and provide a social and fitness outlet.
It is played outdoors on a rectangular field and requires running, jumping, diving and develops new skills such as the backhand, forehand and overhead throws. You can throw goals, catch goals, take a diving catch and enjoy learning a brand new sport!
It’s easy to register a team or yourself as an individual! Just head to the Register section, find a competition near you and complete the simple registration to get you or your team involved. Also, its cheap!!
Five reasons to play!
- Get fit: there’s plenty of action to keep everyone involved throughout the entire game.
- Play in a relaxed, social atmosphere where the emphasis is on having fun!
- You don’t need to be skilful to play: a game for all abilities.
- You can register as an individual: don’t have a team, we’ll find one for you. Frisbee 5’s is a great way to meet new people.
- Play with family, friends and work colleagues: get your team of five together and start playing.
It’s a fast, free-flowing game. Rules include non-contact, no running with the disc, no double teaming and a range different throws, making it suitable for people of any age or skill level. Importantly, Frisbee 5’s is easy to play, not too physically demanding and provides an environment where fun, enjoyment and safety are a priority. Best of all, it’s a self refereed game with no umpires and a Spirit of The Game attitude.
Frisbee 5’s is WA Ultimate's new format of Ultimate that is fast, fun and easy to play, designed to:
- Increase participation
- Simplify the rules, making it easy to learn
- Increase the involvement of all players
- Spread the love of Ultimate throughout WA.
Five more reasons to play!
- Easy to learn: simplified rules means you’ll be playing like an expert in no time.
- Short duration: games are completed in under an hour, fitting into your busy life.
- Teams only require five players.
- No umpire required – What makes Ultimate Frisbee most unique is the fact that it is completely self refereed in all levels of the game, even at World Championships.
- Free skills sessions every week, 30 minutes before your weekly fixture.