Frisbee 5’s is a mixed gender social, non-contact, self-refereed, version of ultimate frisbee. It is played outdoors on a rectangular field and requires running, jumping, diving and develops new skills such as the backhand, forehand and overhead throws. You can throw goals, catch goals, take a diving catch and enjoy learning a brand new sport!
Five reasons to play!
- Get fit: there’s plenty of action to keep everyone involved throughout the entire game.
- Play in a relaxed, social atmosphere where the emphasis is on having fun!
- You don’t need to be skilful to play: a game for all abilities.
- You can register as an individual: don’t have a team, we’ll find one for you. Frisbee 5’s is a great way to meet new people.
- Play with family, friends and work colleagues: get your team of five together and start playing.
Frisbee 5’s is WA Ultimate’s social version of the game. It’s a fast, free-flowing game that involves 5 players on each team playing on a smaller field. Rules include non-contact, no running with the disc, no double teaming and a range of turnover rules, making it suitable for people of any age or skill level. Importantly, Frisbee 5’s is easy to play, not too physically demanding and provides an environment where fun, enjoyment and safety are a priority. Best of all, it’s a self refereed game with no umpires and a Spirit of The Game attitude.
Frisbee 5’s is WA Ultimate's new format of Ultimate that is fast, fun and easy to play, designed to:
- Increase participation, providing a mixed gender social sport.
- Simplify the rules, making it easy to learn.
- Increase the involvement of all players on the field.
- Spread the love of Ultimate throughout WA.