- Phoenix Has Risen is the WAFDA State Mixed Ultimate Championships.
- Phoenix Has Risen is the official WA qualifying event for the Australian Mixed Ultimate Championships
- Phoenix Has Risen is a mixed gender tournament.
- Phoenix Has Risen is held in the month of September.
- Phoenix Has Risen is a two (2) day event (subject to team numbers).
- Catering to be provided to all participants. Minimum of 2 lunches and provision of fresh fruit and access to fresh water.
'Phoenix Has Risen' is the alternative name given to the WA State Mixed Ultimate Championships. This event has been running in it's current form since 1999. Typically held in September each year, this is WA's premier mixed gender event and is also the recognised qualification tournament for teams wishing to compete at the Australian Mixed Ultimate Championships.
Registration and Eligibility
- Teams and players must be registered via the AFDA website (www.afda.com) online registration system.
- All players must be registered prior to commencing play.
- All teams must meet Rule Accreditation requirements. All players must hold a Standard Accrediation status and 6 rostered players (including the team Captain) per team must hold the Advanced Accreditation status.
- Nominate a rostered play (not the Team Captain) to represent the team as the Spirit Captain for the Tournament.
- Fees are set by the tournament host and approved by the WAFDA Executive Committee.
- Fees are to be paid online to the nominated events account by the payment deadline.
Rules of Play
- The 2013 WFDF Rules of Play will be followed
- Gender Split
- The gender split for a 7-a-side game be as follows: a maximum of four (4) and a minimum of three (3) players of either gender allowed during any point. The defensive team is obliged to match the gender split chosen by the offensive team for each point, unless they do not have enough players of either gender to do so. Penalties apply if a team is unable to field seven (7) players at anytime.
- Safety – Players:
- Must not wear steel sprigs.
- Must not wear uncovered jewellery.
- Must not wear watches.
- Must wear shoes.
Game Conditions Pool Play
- Time cap: Sixty (60) minutes, declared by the Tournament Director.
- Points Cap: 15 points
- Half at Eight (8) points, No half time stoppage.
- Second Half: Mirror start of first half.
- End of Game: when the time cap is reached, the current point should be completed to conclude the game, if scores are tied then teams play one more point to establish a winner.
- Time-outs: Two (2) per team, per game, Two (2) minutes duration. No time outs are allowed after the time cap has been reached.
Game Conditions Semi Finals and Grand Final
- Time cap: Eighty (80) minutes, declared by the Tournament Director.
- Points Cap: 17 points
- Half at Eight (9) points, 2 minute half time stoppage.
- Second Half: Mirror start of first half.
- End of Game for SEMI FINALS: when the time cap is reached, the current point should be completed to conclude the game, if scores are tied then teams play one more point to establish a winner.
- End of Game for GRAND FINAL: When time cap is reached the current point is completed, then add 1 to the highest score to establish a ‘Win by 1’ target and play to the ‘Win by 1’ target.
- Time-outs: Two (2) per team, per game. Two (2) minutes duration. No time outs are allowed after the time cap has been reached.
- The Captain (or equivalent representative) must submit scores via the online system at the end of every game.
- The Spirit Captain must complete and submit Spirit scores and MVP votes to the Spirit of the Game Director at the end of each game.
- Teams are expected to take the field on time. If a team is unable to field at least five (5) players from their permanent roster ten (10) minutes after the scheduled game start time, they automatically forfeit the game.
- Teams will forfeit if they cannot field two (2) female players.
- Teams will forfeit if they field an unpaid player.
- Teams will forfeit if they field less than five (5) players during any point
- A Forfeit will result in a 15-nil result.
- Teams shall be awarded Ladder Points as per the following structure:
- Win – Two (2) points
- Loss – Zero (0) points
- Draw – One (1) point
- Forfeit – Minus two (-2) points
- The Tournament Ladder will rank teams based on the following:
- Ladder Points
- Points For minus Points Against
- Points For
- Head to head
- Disc Flip