Division One League Rules
Posted by Anna Haynes
Tuesday, 15 May 2012
Division One – League Rules
- Teams and players must be registered via the AFDA website (www.afda.com) online registration system.
- All players must be registered prior to commencing play.
- Given the competitive nature of this league it is not suited to pick up players. Pick up players are NOT guaranteed a game and no team is obligated to take any pick ups after the initial draft.
- All player fees are to be paid prior to the commencement of Round three (3) games. This is for insurance and liability purposes; playing any unpaid players will result in a forfeit.
- League Fee for Juniors - For all players under the age of 18 at the time of league registration a $10 discount to the team fee will apply. The full $10 discount MUST be passed onto junior players and not shared amongst the team.
- Casual Registration Fee is $5.00 per game. All pick up players are subject to Captain approval but are discouraged due to the draft nature of this league.
Rules of Play
- The 2009 WFDF Rules of Play will be followed with the following exceptions
- Gender Split
- It is preferred that the gender split for a 7-a-side game be as follows: a maximum of five (5) and a minimum of four (4) players of either gender allowed during any point. The defensive team is obliged to match the gender split chosen by the offensive team for each point, unless they do not have enough players of either gender to do so.
- If changes to the gender split are required it must be agreed on by the captains before the start of the game.
- Safety – Players:
- Must not wear steel sprigs.
- Must not wear uncovered jewellery.
- Must not wear watches.
- Must wear shoes.
- Division One League
- Time cap: Ninety (80) minutes, declared by the timekeeper
- End of Game: Due to light restrictions last point will be called at 8:55pm
- Time-outs: Two (2) per team, per game, Two (2) minutes duration. No time outs are allowed after the time cap has been reached.
- Captains to verify the score with the time keeper once the game has concluded
- No Spirit or MVP votes will be collected.
- Should the need arise to replace a player due to absence or injury it is preferred the player be selected from the team that is on a bye for that week.
- Please do your best to replace each with another of equal ability
- You MUST notify the opposing Captain of any changes to your roster before your game commences
- Teams are expected to take the field on time. If a team is unable to field at least five (5) players from their permanent roster ten (10) minutes after the scheduled game start time, they automatically forfeit the game.
- Teams will forfeit if they field an unpaid player.
- A Forfeit will result in a 17-nil result recorded against the forfeiting team and the loss of two (2) Ladder Points.
- A team that gives seven (7) days notice of a forfeit will not incur the loss of Ladder Points.
- Teams shall be awarded Ladder Points as per the following structure:
- Win – Two (2) points
- Loss – Zero (0) points
- Draw – One (1) point
- Forfeit – Minus two (-2) points
- The League Ladder will rank teams based on the following:
- Ladder Points
- Points For minus Points Against
- Points For
- Head to head
- Disc Flip
- Each team will complete three rounds of play with the team on the most ladder points deemed the Division One winners.
- Games may be cancelled in the event of:
- Loss of Lights
- Extreme Weather Conditions as deemed by the time keeper
- General League Games that are cancelled will have a 1-1 Draw result recorded.
- Finals that are cancelled will be replayed the following week.