WAFDA Coaching Development
Guidelines for Financial Assistance
This document is to be used as a guide by the Western Australian Flying Disc Association (WAFDA) Executive Committee when considering providing assistance to individuals seeking financial support for coaching accreditation.
Please be aware that the WAFDA has only a limited budget for coaching development and assistance will be granted only in specific circumstances.
The WAFDA reserves the right to refuse any application should the applicant be unable to reasonably justify the need for the funding.
Definition of a Coaching Qualification
Any coaching course recognised by the Australian Flying Disc Association or the Australian Sports Commission as per the National Coach Accreditation Scheme. For more information please visit: Australian Sports Commission
Type of Assistance
Direct funding to the individual in the form of a discount off the accreditation costs associated with the NSAC Level 1 Ultimate course or a refund via EFT.
At this time the Level 1 accreditation is the only WAFDA approved course eligible for financial assistance as more courses are added these guidelines will be updated.
The procedure for considering assistance for coaching development may be instigated by the individual, captain, coach or AFDA representative, or the WAFDA Executive.
- The individual will be required to make a written submission to the WAFDA Treasurer addressing the Assessment Criteria via
- Applications must be received no later than 7 days before the scheduled date of the course.
- Application approval shall be decided by the WAFDA Treasurer and Coaching Coordinator.
- Funding for successful WAFDA candidates will be in the form of a refund and will be paid to the individual via EFT once full accreditation status has been achieved.
- For teachers and lectures funding will be in the form of a discount off the costs of the course fees.
The following criteria will be assessed when considering any individual's application for coaching development financial assistance:
- Is the individual a WAFDA Committee Member?
- Is the individual an affiliated Club Representative??
- Is the individual a League Captain?
- Is the individual a Primary or High School Teacher?
- Is the individual a Tertiary Lecturer?
- Individual contribution to WAFDA administration
- Individual contribution to coaching Ultimate in WA
- Individual contribution to development of Ultimate in WA schools and tertiary institutions
- Previous loan or funding history
- Ability to demonstrate their learning to the WA Ultimate community.
- The individual's ability to address the categories mentioned in the assessment criteria
Direct financial assistance (per individual) shall be limited to the following maximums per coaching course.
- The maximum overall total of $500.00 is allocated for all individual coaching development requests per coaching course.
- The maximum request of any individual application is $50.00.
The application will be reviewed by the WAFDA Treasurer and Coaching Coordinator and a decision will be made within two (2) weeks from receipt of application or at the next WAFDA Committee meeting (whichever occurs first).
The team may appeal against a ruling by the WAFDA Executive Committee.
- Any appeals must be received in writing
- Any appeal will then go to a vote by an appointed Sub-Committee
- A Sub-Committee of the WAFDA Committee shall be convened to review the application for WA Representative team assistance
- The Sub-Committee shall consist of the Treasurer, and one (1) other member of the WAFDA Executive Committee, and two (2) members of the WAFDA General Committee
- Any Sub-Committee member must declare any conflicts of interest and be replaced, where possible, by a WAFDA Committee member.
- Members of the Sub-Committee will be assigned by full vote of the WAFDA Committee