WAFDA High Performance & Sport Development
Guidelines for Financial Assistance to Individuals
This document is to be used as a guide by the WAFDA Executive Committee when considering providing assistance to Individuals.
High performance assistance for Individuals should be restricted only to players competing in the following Australian events:
- Australian National Championships
- Australian Youth Nationals
- Australian Mixed National Championships
- Australia Youth Mixed Nationals
- World Ultimate Club Championships (WUCC)
- World Ultimate and Guts Championships (WUGC)
- Senior Development Camps
- Coaching Development Camps
- Youth Development Camps
All members should be aware that the WAFDA has only a limited budget for representative team assistance and funding will be granted only in specific circumstances.
The WAFDA reserves the right to refuse any application should the team be unable to reasonably justify the need for the funding.
Definition of a recognised event
An Individual will be recognised by the WAFDA under the following conditions:
- Is a current WAFDA member
- The event is a listed, endorsed AFDA event
- The individual is listed on current training or event roster registered on the AFDA registration system.
Type of Assistance
Assistance can be considered to be of the following:
- Financial assistance – direct funding to the individual to assist with uniform purchase, travel assistance or registration fees.
- Loans – funding assistance repayable by the team. To be repaid in an agreed term set by the WA Representative Team and the WAFDA Executive.
The procedure for considering assistance to a high performance team may be instigated by the individual, captain, coach or AFDA representative, or the WAFDA Executive.
- The individual will be required to make a written submission to the WAFDA Treasurer addressing the Assessment Criteria
- Application approval shall be by majority vote WAFDA Executive Committee
- If applicable the individual WAFDA Loan Agreement
- If applicable the individual must sign a WAFDA Funding Agreement
- Funding will be in the form of a cheque or electronic funds transfer to the approved individual.
- Preference is given to a loan rather than direct financial assistance.
The following criteria should be assessed when considering any application:
- Individual financial situation
- Sponsorship/Outside funding opportunities
- Other fundraising ventures
- Individual contribution to the WAFDA
- Individual contribution to Ultimate
- Individual ability or perceived team performance
- Previous loan or funding history
- Individual applying for Coach development assistance must outline how they plan to demonstrate their learnings to the WA Ultimate community.
- If requested, you must provide WAFDA with a copy of any receipts applicable to the terms of your funding.
- Within 30 days of the event completion it is required that you write feedback (minimum 200 words) outlining the event, team result, a list of WAFDA representatives, recommendations, skills developed and any general feedback.
- The information in this paragraph may be used by WAFDA to include on the Association’s web site, newsletter, annual report, or further assessments of loans to representative teams/clubs.
- You must acknowledge the financial support from WAFDA received. This may be verbal, written or include use of the WAFDA Logo in promotion material.
Direct financial assistance (per individual) shall be limited to the following maximums per financial year.
The maximum overall total of $1,200 is allocated for all individual requests per financial year.
- Australian Nationals Events - $100.00
- International Events - $100.00
- Senior Development Camps - $100.00
- Youth Development Camps - $100.00
- Coaching Camps/Professional Development - $150.00
Individual loans for Australian and International (World) events may only be applied for should no other WA Team/Club be competing.
Loans shall be limited to a maximum of $1500 for any Individual per financial year.
The application will be reviewed by the WAFDA Executive Committee and a decision will be made within two (2) weeks from receipt of application or at the next WAFDA Committee meeting (whichever occurs first).
Failure to Repay Loans
Individuals that enter into a Loan agreement and fail to repay their loan, without reasonable explanation, shall be ineligible to participate in further WAFDA events until the account is settled.
The team may appeal against a ruling by the WAFDA Executive Committee.
- Any appeals must be received in writing
- Any appeal will then go to a vote by an appointed Sub-Committee
- A Sub-Committee of the WAFDA Committee shall be convened to review the application for WA Representative team assistance
- The Sub-Committee shall consist of the Treasurer, and one (1) other member of the WAFDA Executive Committee, and two (2) members of the WAFDA General Committee
- Any Sub-Committee member must declare any conflicts of interest and be replaced, where possible, by a WAFDA Committee member.
- Members of the Sub-Committee will be assigned by full vote of the WAFDA Committee